Acrylic Earrings Burgundy Floral Fabric
Exclusive to Sydney Living Museums, these earrings by Pademelon Studio were created using digital images of textile fragments from the Hyde Park Barracks' archaeology collection.
Pademelon Studio is an Australian jewellery label founded by Sydney-based designer Kiara Spencer-Smith. Kiara was approached by Sydney Living Museums to create a range of bespoke earrings for the new Hyde Park Barracks shop.
Kiara was inspired by the Hyde Park Barracks' female migration story combined with A flight of fair game lithogy by Alfred Ducote, which illustrates female migration to Australia. The shape of each earring represents a delicate butterfly wing.
Kiara has intentionally created each pair of earrings to be an imperfect match, so you will note that the earrings are not a mirror image, and are taken from the single fabric swatch. They celebrate of the beautiful imperfections and irregularities found within the textile fabric collection. Read more about the fabrics found in this ABC article about the archaeology at the Hyde Park Barracks.
- Made from acrylic and stainless steel
- Earring measures approximately 3.5cm H x 2.5cm W, not including post
- All posts and backs are made from either 316 (surgical) or 304 grade stainless steel
- Made in Sydney, Australia
- Exclusive to Sydney Living Museums
- In the interest of hygiene, we do not accept returns or exchanges on pierced jewellery, unless the item is found to be faulty